Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to cover a pallet truck with

What to cover a pallet truck with

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of this bad boy today, and was wondering what others have covered theirs with. Don't want to mar my shiny new toys, which are due to arrive soon

Thanks in advance --
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've never seen anyone use anything cover pallet forks, but I suppose you could use self-stick carpet or other soft material if you want to do something like that...for safety, it probably needs to be secured so there's no slipping for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I haven’t covered mine and it’s not been an issue … even if it scratches something it’s on the bottom where no one is ever going to see it. Nonetheless, if you are still concerned one option would be cork.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Thanks Jim and Tom - appreciate the feedback.

Ned

I made a living with a pallet jack during my previous life (manager for a big-box retail company). Most everything you might apply to the top of the forks would likely shear off under repeated use. I've never seen anyone actually surface the forks with anything but if you are creatively minded, possibly spray adhesive, then low-pile carpet? But it also might strip right off the first time you slide it under a machine...*shrug emoji*

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Nice pallet jack. Looks just like mine. It was hard to find, seems they are on constant back order at Harbor Freight and Northern Tool. After looking for 6 months I finally found one at a HF 130 miles away. It's a great tool.
    I just use it as it is.
    The Plane Anarchist

Leigh - this one is a dual-direction model, as my shop is narrow. I had one on backorder w/Northern Tool since early September, and they moved the "arrives at the warehouse date" to mid-January, so I looked around again, and found one at Uline.

What the heck is a "dual direction model " ? I have two pallet jacks at my shop and have no idea what this means...

Great question. I was too proud to ask.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    What the heck is a "dual direction model " ? I have two pallet jacks at my shop and have no idea what this means...
    It's a pallet jack that has a pin near the bottom of the handle, which allows you to move the handtruck laterally. Great for tight(er) spaces, which is the case in my shop. It has a second set of casters that deploy once you raise the load above a certain height.

For safety's sake, you could put adhesive skateboard tread on the forks. I have found that the paint they put on pallet jack forks tends to not grip to my boots too well when I'm using the pallet jack as a skateboard.

If the tool comes not on a pallet, you can assume it has been forked before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Otter View Post
    It's a pallet jack that has a pin near the bottom of the handle, which allows you to move the handtruck laterally. Great for tight(er) spaces, which is the case in my shop. It has a second set of casters that deploy once you raise the load above a certain height.
    OK so I learned something new today. I had no idea these existed and can see how useful that feature would be.

Cover with a pallet or a base made like a pallet.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.