Thread: delta zero clearance inserts

delta zero clearance inserts

i have a delta table saw and was looking for some zero clearance inserts,,i know you can make them but the insert on mine is so thin,,i know there are folks around that makes them,,can anyone direct me to them

I may be helpful for you to indicate which Delta saw you have that has a "thin" insert. The cabinet saws and contractors' style saws tend to use beefy inserts that are typically about .5" thick...many folks make them from half inch MDF or other sheet materials.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If 36-725, lots on ESTY: https://www.etsy.com/search?q=delta+...le+saw&ref=nla. I just made a few that "mostly" fit the cutout as I don't do CNC.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    i have a delta table saw and was looking for some zero clearance inserts,,i know you can make them but the insert on mine is so thin,,i know there are folks around that makes them,,can anyone direct me to them

Make a thicker insert (typically 1/2",) and rabbet the edges to fit the depth needed.

I have the 36-725 and have made 2 inserts, one from oak, second from mdf. 1/2" thick, rabbet as needed. Not really too hard to do. Quicker second time around.

I don't know which saw you have but check out Betterly Enterprises. Got 1 for my Unisaw years ago. Mike O'Keefe

Leecraft makes them, they're available thru Amazon. Available for most table saws.

mine is the 36 725,,which is thin