Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General use Twist Drill Bits

Blog Entries
    Of course it is hard to recommend a product that one has had for years because the same product today may be very different. Be that as it may . . . I picked up a 29 piece Hitachi set on sale at Lowe's around Christmas many years ago. They worked so well that I got another couple of sets when they were about $10 during a clearance or Christmas event a year or so later. I'm still using the first set. Even at $30 they are a bargain and go on sale several times a year it seems, They are usually one of the Christmas row" products that clog the aisles around this time of year. I would recommend them and hope they are still as good.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for all the reply's and suggestions. This has given me plenty of choices. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    Viking/Norseman are the best I have used, USA-made in St. Paul. The side flutes are milled sharp enough that you need to be a little careful handling them.
    +1 on this recommendation. Outstanding quality for a fair, reasonable (although definitely not cheap) price. Made in this country of high quality materials, and ground to perfection, these bits cut through mild steel like it's mdf. There is nothing not to like in these bits.