Thread: same specs - Blum 563H and KV GS2070 (21" undermount blumotion slides)?

same specs - Blum 563H and KV GS2070 (21" undermount blumotion slides)?

i've always used Blum undermount drawer slides and apparently they are hard to source locally right now so my local supplier handed me a pair of KV's and said the specs were the same. Is this true? i kind of know the drawer dimensions for the Blum's including how far back to set them for inset doors. So if they are the same i can just use my normal process to build/install.

Are they interchangable?
    Bob C

Yeah, Blum slides are just gone. As a result, I've now used undermounts from several other suppliers. The drawer box dimensions are all the same, as are the notch and the bore in the back. The one thing that is manufacturer-dependent is the positions of the screws which hold the front clips. If you have a Blum drilling jig, it may not work on the KVs. But you can just hold the clips in the corner of the bottom and drive the screws where they want to be.

Jamie. Thanks and thanks for the comment about the jig

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Yeah, Blum slides are just gone. As a result, I've now used undermounts from several other suppliers. The drawer box dimensions are all the same, as are the notch and the bore in the back. The one thing that is manufacturer-dependent is the positions of the screws which hold the front clips. If you have a Blum drilling jig, it may not work on the KVs. But you can just hold the clips in the corner of the bottom and drive the screws where they want to be.
    This is good to hear. I've been waiting on Blum hardware for 3 mo the now. Unreal how everything is backordered.

On paper,they are equal, but in reality they are not the same.Blum and Grass are superior to KV from my experiences, Right now,Grass and Blum are all but gone,so picking an alternative is our only choice.