Thread: Anybody using Cadex 23 ga pin nailers?

Anybody using Cadex 23 ga pin nailers?

I just ordered a Cadex V1 23 ga pin nailer (1/2”-1 3/8”) and looking for opinions on which brand pins to buy.

The gun comes with a 3000 qty variety pack that should get me through the first job I need it for, but I’ll need to order some more sizes after that, I’m sure.

Excited for this as I’ve never had a 23 ga gun before and it should be pretty convenient for those cases when you really need a near invisible nail head.
    Still waters run deep.

I generally use Grex 23 gauge pins when I buy now (disclosure...I primarily use a Grex gun but also have an old Senco/Accuset pinner, too) I've had very good results with them. Never had an issue with the older Senco pins, either. I'd stay away from "bargain cheepo" pins, but any of the name brands should work just fine in your nice Cadex gun.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have had my Cadex for a number of years (guess about 8?) and am still using the pins that came with it (don't remember if it was 3000, but at least multiple hundreds in a variety of sizes. Absolutely no problems at all.

Blog Entries
    I have a porter cable pinned and I use pc pins. It’s been fine. I do find that there’s a bit of a knack to avoiding little indentations. The pressure against the wood has to be just right.

As Jim mentioned, any of the name brand pins work well, although most of my pins and brads are the Cadex brand.
    I have a Cadex CPB20-50 23 gauge pin nailer, and it works great! I also have their 21 gauge model.
    I've been using the slight headed brads for the 23 gauge the most, as I've found the holding power is noticeably better, and the hole left behind isn't considerably bigger than a 23 gauge pin.
    Having said that, the pin nails work great too!
    Just be careful with really long pin/brad nails and your hand placement!
    The pins at rare times have a mind of their own, and love to curl around and pin through your finger ....