Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Slowdowns

The 1/2t SSD in my slowpoke "killer" T5400 computer is slower right now than the HDD in my new 790, at least as to how each computer acts. I don't blame the drive, for one thing the motherboard in the 5400 isn't 'high-speed' capable. But I'm still puzzling over how 32gigs of ram is still loading SSD programs noticeably slower than the exact same programs load with 4gigs ram and a hard drive-?

Here's the video I made a few months ago, of this computer trying to play a simple youtube video with no other programs running- All I have to do is move the mouse around to screw up the playback... I'm seriously thinking just moving the mouse around REALLY should hog all the resources needed to play a video!

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

How full is the ssd, which one is it? Are you using trim, how about garbage collection? What other processes, not applications, are running? Does this only happen after it's been running memory intensive applications? Some applications have memory leaks, some just suck at memory management. Does it get better with a reboot?
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut