Thread: Husky Adjustable Height Work Bench Table - Shelf

Blog Entries

Husky Adjustable Height Work Bench Table - Shelf

I know a few folks have these. Surprisingly useful. Mine changed my whole approach to an outfeed for my bandsaw and other things. In an effort to increase its usefulness I added a shallow shelf.

I left it shallow as straddling a few things to get it into position was a feature I didn't want to lose.

The real reason for the shelf was to make a portable home for my air compressor. I've had an air-plumbed shop before but I use air so little it was never as much use as it was effort to put in . I started just digging the compressor out and hauling it over the few times I needed it.

I'm hoping that rolling it over when needed and having a place for a few nailer tools and accessories will be a good half way point between those two methods.

I was cleaning up and realized I could cobble something together out of some scraps that were headed out the door.

• Has anyone ever regretted owning a hummingbird drill? One more set of stuff off the floor .

"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I always eyeball these when I'm in HD. I wish they offered the short version with the drawers, the 56" is a bit large for me.

Clever use of some scrap plywood. I would have gone full depth and cursed myself the first time I needed to straddle something and started reaching for the sawzall.

I got a white 46" one a month or so ago. Use it as outfeed on my table saw, and move it around when I need it elsewhere. It adjusts to several workbenches, my big bandsaw, drum sander, etc.

I changed the wheels to get better ones with brakes that work. Got some from amazon. They are 3/8" stems, not metric, if anyone wants to get some.

I plan to eventually put wheels on a platform of plywood, and bolt the table to it, then build a cabinet that will fit under the lowest table setting. This will normally leave me the top of the cabinet as well as the back side to store jigs and accessories. The drawers will be wide, with adjustable partitions. I figure I might be able to fit three useable drawers in the space. Undecided.

PS: Aaron...They do make the 46" one with drawers. $40 extra, I almost bought that until I decided to do the above mods.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 11-21-2021 at 3:34 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    PS: Aaron...They do make the 46" one with drawers. $40 extra, I almost bought that until I decided to do the above mods.
    Weird I was thinking about getting one over the summer but they were ex'd out and said unavailable. I thought maybe discontinued, but now I do see them listed as available so maybe they were very new and they just didn't have them yet. Thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't get drawers, as mentioned, but I ordered it online and picked it up at the store a few days later. They don't stock too many short ones apparently.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    Yep, here is link to black one. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-46...2B12/312063230
    I've a 52" I've had for a year. Have one of my lasers and computer on it. I bought for use as in and outfeed table, but it was soon repurposed. Need another one for the woodshop.
    And YES, shelf on bottom is necessary.... Cheap MDF I had extra......
    20211124_111839.jpg
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others