Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tablet use in the wood shop

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note S4 in shop. Have always much preferred the Android OS over any Apple software - don't own any Apple btw. The microSD is very useful in some instances transferring files from another device like cam etc - but all necessary backup is to Dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Backup is important for sure if you are putting data on the tablet. Don't depend entirely on removable media, however...an automatic online backup can be invaluable. Obviously, I use iCloud for that, but there should be similar options in the Android world, too.
    Most public 'cloud' providers have an Android app. I've never used one to know how well they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Most public 'cloud' providers have an Android app. I've never used one to know how well they work.
    Yup...I've played with Google Drive and use Microsoft's OneDrive (although not with autobackup) Professor Dr. SWMBO uses DropBox. In the end, it doesn't matter which gets used as long as it's set up property so it automatically syncs/backs up. Human nature demanfs that, 'cause, um...we forget things.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Funny timing: I'm actually in the middle of re-designing the interior of my garage and an articulated tablet arm is on the list. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" and almost use it more than my laptop. It has cellular service, so can stream videos and such when visiting shops. Seems like I am always needing some DIY video on Youtube for whatever project I happen to be doing. I just set it on my workbench now but would be awesome to be able to angle/articulate it so that I could see the video while I'm working on the car or whatever.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep