Thread: Hand Tool muscle memory

Hand Tool muscle memory

I have been working on making some window sashes using only hand tools. I have been cross cutting, ripping and planning a 2X6 for the stiles and failing to master the sash plane aka screwing it up. Well last night on my third attempt I figured it out. All of this manual labor is making me feel great. I go to bed with a certain soreness that feel good, I sleep well and in the morning can feel new muscle bulk. I not only work my arms and back but the legs get quite a workout from planning. This beats going to the gym and I am starting to get quite good at getting a board S4S.

Blog Entries
    It is a good workout, congratulations.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I enjoy working too. People ask me why I'm still working. I say that if I didn't work, I might actually be 71 years old.

Good for you. Windows and chairs are the hardest skills.

My muscles seem to have as poor a memory as my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    Thank you for the link and nice work there. I am lucky in that my window is a large one over one. I have made a story stick and after over thinking the daylights out of this have decided to just go ahead and build it even if wrong to get the education out of it. Up next is the lower sash rail and meeting rail. Then the real tricky stuff starts happening.