Thread: Model number of Oneway vacuum pump?

Model number of Oneway vacuum pump?

What is the model number of the Gast vacuum pump that Oneway sells? Their price seems a bit high. Wondering if one can be sourced cheaper.

I don’t know Oneway model number is but I bought a used Gast model #0522 on E-Bay for $230.00. It has been running trouble free for 11 years. Gast pumps are pretty bulletproof. If need be a rebuild kit is around $75.00.

I believe the successor to the Gast #0522 is the #0523. There are a number of both on eBay but the numbers following #0522 or #0523 are confusing. Are they all basically the same? I tried to find the coding on the Gast website but couldn't find anything.

I’m pretty sure the 0523 is the successor. The pump needs to be a dry rotary vane model. Should be rated to operate at 4-5 CFM. They come as either 115volt or 220volt.
    Last edited by Dwight Rutherford; 11-10-2021 at 12:17 AM.

I don’t understand the statement needs to be a dry rotary vane pump. There are a lot of pumps that will work. I use the Thomas 2660 piston pump, Gast makes a similar pump. I would check Frugal Vacuum Pumps. He will sell a turn key or only what you want. He use to sell the Thomas, but his supply dried up and now is selling a rotary vane pump.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I can get you the number when I go to my shop today but thought I'd mention that I picked up a used one at auction for $25.00. I now have a spare just in case . . . . . The one I got from oneway I purchased about 12 years ago. I do limit the time I run it hoping to save it but is has been flawless.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

William C. Rogers
    I was responding to the OP’s question about a specific Gast brand vacuum pump used by Oneway. Gast makes both oil less and oiled pumps. The 0522 and 0523 are the dry vane oil less model’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Blair View Post
    I can get you the number when I go to my shop today but thought I'd mention that I picked up a used one at auction for $25.00. I now have a spare just in case . . . . . The one I got from oneway I purchased about 12 years ago. I do limit the time I run it hoping to save it but is has been flawless.

Thanks Peter! There are a number of Gast vacuum pumps available on eBay. I just wanted to make sure it's the correct type or something close to the Oneway setup.

IMG_5154.jpgHard to get to, I hope this photo helps. I did get this from Oneway quite a few years ago!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *

This should help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Blair View Post
    IMG_5154.jpgHard to get to, I hope this photo helps. I did get this from Oneway quite a few years ago!
    Thanks again Pete! Just what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    This should help.

I looked all over the Gast website and their online catalog and never found the above. Definitely helps. The only thing I can add is the Q stands for something on the pump to make it quieter.

Great! Hope it all works out for you. I know I don't really need a vacuum system but boy oh boy it does make a lot of jobs easier. I even made a small chuck that I can hold a 1" dia piece in to sand and polish. I sell quite a few pendants and it makes it really easy to work on them.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Rutherford View Post
    William C. Rogers
    I was responding to the OP’s question about a specific Gast brand vacuum pump used by Oneway. Gast makes both oil less and oiled pumps. The 0522 and 0523 are the dry vane oil less model’s.
    Now I understand
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I picked up a Gast vacuum pump today and look forward to do some vacuum chucking. Thanks all for the help.