Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post a pic of your favorite WW project

I made this small chest for my mom for Christmas last year. She uses it to hold her thread and sewing projects.
    FC1C6ABA-E92F-471B-AA54-F5D2D1A271C3.jpg8BE590B2-E717-461F-B3A3-E91C547DB631.jpg

I don't have the opportunity to 'piddle' often, so when i do the enjoyment that comes from it usually results in a 'latest favorite'. Additionally, I tend to gain extra enjoyment in making scrap useful. ... so here is my 'latest favorite'.

I gained possession of a few beams from an old Charleston house from the late 1800's. After sizing up, inspection, and work to get them into a manageable lot for storage and future projects, I had a few pieces that moved to the fire pit including that ratty piece shown on the table saw below.

Next pic is build pic on the saw .... probably a late night session with college football

After that some sanding relaxation ... at the cabin in NC

And into the recently finished bathroom ...

The patina and stain marks on this old stuff is great, and is highlighted by the black epoxy spot repairs.

Stool 3.jpg

Stool 2.jpgStool 1.jpgstool final.jpg

Not sure why the photos rotated ...

Regards, Mike

1840 Shaker Wall Clock
    My wife and I built 7 of these. I don't even want to think of building even one again.
    It is made from cherry and Norm Abram's plans.Shaker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    1840 Shaker Wall Clock
    My wife and I built 7 of these. I don't even want to think of building even one again.
    It is made from cherry and Norm Abram's plans.Shaker.jpg
    I built one of those, too. I actually enjoyed the project...one really redeeming point with it is that it clearly pointed out that projects don't need to and shouldn't be made out of just .5" and .75" thick material since all the thicknesses were specified to be proportional and look well together. Mine has the lower compartment setup as our key storage.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

All of our clocks have mechanical movements so the pendulum precludes any thing in the way.

Blog Entries
    This Is not up to the standard of many of the lovely items in this thread. It is my first attempt at a sunburst. A Christmas gift spice cabinet from a few years ago. Reclaimed Fir and Pine.

IMG_0284 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-10-2021 at 8:50 PM. Reason: image issues

Mike, glad to see that block front still up. Beautiful ambitious feat. More sculpture than “case piece”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    All of our clocks have mechanical movements so the pendulum precludes any thing in the way.
    That makes sense, Jerry. I did the typical battery powered clock movement on mine...which has been replaced a few times over the years. That said, I really did enjoy that project and learned a lot from it since it was early in my woodworking hobby affliction.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    This Is not up to the standard of many of the lovely items in this thread. It is my first attempt at a sunburst. A Christmas gift spice cabinet from a few years ago. Reclaimed Fir and Pine.

IMG_0284 (2).jpg

Very nice, you achieved a really good look using only fir and pine, I'd say it's time to try some more striking woods.