Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post a pic of your favorite shop improvement project

Quote Originally Posted by derek labian View Post
    i didnt realize how much you liked your CNC.
    I really do for multiple reasons. Aside from the versatility, it appeals to how my own mind works and combines my lifelong connection to the arts, computing/telecommunications and woodworking in a pleasant way. I love being able to create something virtually, refine it virtually and only commit to the material once I'm happy with the design. I've often made prototypes to do that, but being able to visualize and tweak on the screen has been wonderful. I've often said it's kinda like that old saying...to a hammer, everything is a nail. I tend to think "how can I use the CNC to support that project" up front now. And lest anyone think it's cheating..."just push a button"...it's not like that. I use the machine for the arduous tasks that I really don't enjoy so I can spend more time doing the things that hopefully make something really nice. That's especially true for the guitar projects that have become somewhat of a focus as of late.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I don’t have a picture handy, but I put in a dust collection bin sensor (check out the sticky thread) so I don’t have to worry about overfilling. Life. Changing.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry