Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solid wood panels - what hand plane for smoothing

Easiest way I have found to "read" the grain? Rub the tip of my finger along where I wish to shove a plane......think of it as stroking the fur on a cat's back....not Rocket Science...
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

Another video showing the effect of different chipbreaker angles and depth settings on chip formation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_T37MJCDBc

Eric: U, that's nice, I'm from Ljubljana also. Yeah, I'd go to hand planing and/or sharpening class instantly but there is nothing nearby... I found some in UK and Germany but covid...

Andrew: VESELE STAJERKE!? Hahahaha, yes, I can understand them, but I have never been on any of their concerts. Where did you find about them? Well, we have a lot of bands like vesele stajerke here. My coworker,24, listens to them and he actually knows some songs by heart.
    I would like to eliminate random orbit sander, too much noise and dust. And hand planing is more satisfying when it's not making me angry

Well, if any of you decides to visit Slovenia - bring some planes, I am interested in purchase I'd order online but shipping from US/Canada is astronomical this days and there are customs as well.... I still might order LN no 3 when it's back in stock though