Thread: PayPal Scam

PayPal Scam

I just received an email from Paypal that said I sent money to someone , which I did not. I looked at the email address that it came from it said paypal.com then a whole bunch of gibberish after the dot. If you get an email like this donot open forward to spoof@paypal.com
    Then log on to your paypal account the way you normally do and check to make sure no money was taken from your accoount.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Recently, word came around my service club that some clubs had received requests for electronic payments for past due amounts, etc. The bills looked every bit legit for the parent organization, right down to the email address, except for a slight font difference. One of the letters that looked like a standard English letter was actually ever so slightly different and was a totally different letter from the Russian alphabet. Those crooks are getting so clever they are now using letters and symbols from other languages that for all purposes make the email address look correct.

These kind of emails are common. They make them look legit but as you mentioned when you hover over it then you see it doesn't look right. Sometimes the difference is only a couple characters added to make it incorrect. As has been said numerous times never click links in these emails. Whatever it is if you have an account go to it the traditional sign in way and make sure everything is good. If you click on the email link it will then ask you to sign in. Then they will have your sign in and will use it to steal.

No added letters. Everything read legit only difference was the switch of one Russian letter for an almost identical English that looked correct.

On a related note I recently go several emails from what was supposed to be the post office stating that I needed to pay the shipping cost on something I had ordered so that the item could be delivered to me. The header looked official like standard usps forms. There were several misspelled words in the message and the grammar was not the best. I’m sure they were just fishing for a credit card number. I’m sure some people would be fooled by it. My messages all got trashed.

Got this one this morning...
    so let's see; I am 'engraver1.com', I have no helpdesk, the link to my email points to my email
    but the 'view quarantine' and 'reject all as spam' links are a combined link to a gobbledygook address which
    is likely a straight pipe to a virus or ransomware or some other crap... and, '9 message' is a bit unfinshed

- sender is mazi@128.199.232.45, which comes back zilch when googled...

People, gotta love em...

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle