Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Win10 Network Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Found this: https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-...was-not-found/

Fix #4 shows a gpedit setting that fixes the problem:
    Go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Lanman Workstation, then enable insecure guest logons
    This hits one the 'registry tweaks' I've learned-- Which is a good thing, because my main computer (that I'm using now) doesn't HAVE a 'Lanman Workstation' entry, in the GP editor, only a 'Lanman Server'.

Changes to my registries include these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters -- where I created new Dwords -AutoShareServer- and -AutoShareWks-, and entered data value -0- to both.

One more place, forget exactly which I tweaked, but as of now:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa -- some Dword's with -0- values include -disabledomaincreds- , -everyoneincludesanonymous- ,
    -LimitBlankPasswordUse- , and -restrictanonymous-, which is follwed by -restrictanonymousam- with a -1- value, which I just looked up: What the "sam" version does is restrict access to user and local policy names to anonymous users...

>edit< Not sure what's causing the 'spacing' typo's above, I didn't do it! More computers-have-a-mind-of-their-own stuff I guess?

Anyway, this is all what I've gathered by googling over the years that's worked for me. I don't pretend to understand much of it aside from -0- means "off/no" and -1- means "on/yes"
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 11-07-2021 at 5:10 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle