Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Lamb Tools Parallel fences on an SCM/Minimax or Felder?

Anyone using Lamb Tools Parallel fences on an SCM/Minimax or Felder?

Just curious, I've seen these mentioned a few times over the years, but little is ever said about them.

https://lambtoolworks.com/parallel-fences

I have no experience with them, but have seen positive comments. They are somewhat a specialty item with a price attached, but look to be really, really well made. I believe Brian has been a member here, but I didn't check for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Derek,

I'm about to have experience with an SC4E and the Lamb Tooworks parallel fence, but it won't be for another couple of months. My equipment should arrive in mid-December, and then need to get an electrician on site for plugs/whips.

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Otter View Post
    Hi Derek,

I'm about to have experience with an SC4E and the Lamb Tooworks parallel fence, but it won't be for another couple of months. My equipment should arrive in mid-December, and then need to get an electrician on site for plugs/whips.

Ned
    Exciting Ned, and congratulations. Please do post updates of your delivery, install, and eventual experiences with the Lamb Fence. Thanks!

I have purchased the digital version and truly like it.
    521CD760-E186-4BEC-9E11-0DEA27782654.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I have no experience with them, but have seen positive comments. They are somewhat a specialty item with a price attached, but look to be really, really well made. I believe Brian has been a member here, but I didn't check for sure.
    Brian is in Phoenix, just up the road from me. He is a SMC member.
    David

https://sawmillcreek.org/member.php?159008-Brian-Lamb

Brian Lamb.jpg

Blog Entries
    I have used the analogue version on my Felder CF741 for years. I believe they are almost an essential element of gear for a slider. I use them for almost all ripping I do on the slider. They are extremely well made. You won’t be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Brian is in Phoenix, just up the road from me. He is a SMC member.
    David

https://sawmillcreek.org/member.php?159008-Brian-Lamb

Brian Lamb.jpg
    Brian Lamb? Any relation to the tool I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    I have purchased the digital version and truly like it.
    521CD760-E186-4BEC-9E11-0DEA27782654.jpg
    Nice setup. I see your using one with your DRO fence. I was wondering about that. So one is enough I take it? Nice setup btw!

Quote Originally Posted by derek labian View Post
    Brian Lamb? Any relation to the tool I wonder?
    I also mentioned this earlier in the thread...Brian is the manufacturer.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A couple of my local customers have them. Really nice, better quality than OEM if I may say so:

Erik

Lamb Toolworks parallel fence.JPG
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

i have the same question - do you just use the one, since I usually see them in pairs. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fang View Post
    i have the same question - do you just use the one, since I usually see them in pairs. . .
    Only one, with an OEM support table underneath. Both Felder (Hammer) and SCM offer their respective versions of this support table. The other reference edge would be your OEM crosscut fence. If you didn't have an OEM crosscut fence, then I guess you might need a second parallel fence.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Yes Derek, I am only using one parallel guide with my DRO stop on the crosscut fence. It works great for me, I have a 300mm spacer block that I am using with the stop for closer cuts. Here are a couple more photos
    2521E26B-56D3-48DB-B5BC-FB0DD338AC5D.jpgBE9174B5-8E80-40EE-BD26-8E7FC1647798.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Only one, with an OEM support table underneath. Both Felder (Hammer) and SCM offer their respective versions of this support table. The other reference edge would be your OEM crosscut fence. If you didn't have an OEM crosscut fence, then I guess you might need a second parallel fence.

Erik
    I see. The picture shows the second reference as the x-cut fence with the flipstop and offset piece that I'm sure is referenced against the ruler. I guess some math must be done, but I also see the DRO on the x-cut fence which probably can handle the offset. I have the hammer - and I dont think the Felder DRO is compatible with it. So having a DRO on the lamb parallel fence wouldnt work as effectively if you also didnt have a DRO in the 2nd parallel leg. All sorts of complexities involved lol.