Thread: Fire TV internet tv/movie search engine similar to SKY

Fire TV internet tv/movie search engine similar to SKY

WE have dropped cable TV and switched to fire tv from Amazon, We are using SKY to find non amazon content with a friends sign in. SKY is going to be out of business soon. I am not very clear on vocabulary so please excuse the vagueness of this question
    All I can find is ways to search the internet and Utube. Or yet more limited tv/movie sites that all charge about $10.00 a month.
    Bill D.

On edit: my wife likes to watch hallmark shows, new and old movies, home improvement shows, cooking shows, We do have Amazon prime, it came with the device for one year free.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 11-03-2021 at 11:32 AM.

I use Just Watch.

For movies and shows, you can get subscriptions to Disney+, Paramount+, etc. relatively inexpensively and will pretty much cover the spectrum of movies...more than you could ever watch in a lifetime. The libraries are "yuge"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

There are many options. Some free and some inexpensive. It all depends upon what you like to watch. Amazon prime gives you a decent offering if you have that. We also have Netflix and Discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    For movies and shows, you can get subscriptions to Disney+, Paramount+, etc. relatively inexpensively...
    Key word there is "relatively": any given one of them is reasonable, but they can add up quickly. The problem is, of any random list of six shows, you'll need four or five different $10/month services to watch them all.

(My personal pet peeve at the moment is "Seal Team", which just migrated from CBS to Paramount+...in the middle of a two-part episode.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Yes, stuff is constantly in flux, Lee. I actually don't watch much of anything other than the morning news, Penn State football and American Idol when it's in season, plus Colbert on Paramount (was called CBS All Access previously) We get Netflix courtesy of T-Mobile, AppleTV+ because of purchasing Apple products and Amazon Prime because, well...we're Prime members. I added Disney+ for six bucks to our Hulu Plus Live TV subscription, primarily for the benefit of our older daughter...she has limited income via disability and part time work and we don't want her spending money on entertainment, even though it's an important part of keeping her therapeutic world. With all that we do pay for, it's still less expensive than what we were paying prior to streaming for a pretty much basic access to entertainment from VZ, including box rentals.

My brother...only uses free stuff for his viewing, but he likes older material.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...