Thread: Woodworking opportunities near Ft Pierce Fl

Woodworking opportunities near Ft Pierce Fl

looks like I'll be spending quality winter time in Ft Pierce Fl area (34949). Seems hard to find woodworking opportunities in the area. Local Makerspace appears closed now. Any ideas/help would be appreciated. Flat/turning...any and all.

There are some communities that have woodworking shops for community members, but it's costly due to liability, etc. (The Villages in central Florida has two facilities, but they are a "yuge" community) So for future winter season "snow bird" planning, try to target communities that have such facilities.

What you might want to consider is picking up a mini/midi lathe and take it with you along with a portable/foldable stand and your tools/safety gear. Setup outside on nice days and have some fun. Add some carving or other minimal tool work to the mix for additional woodworking pleasure. And/or maybe a scroll saw.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Here's a little off-the-wall thoughts, maybe check out some of the local refinishing shops. Most will have need for some woodworking skills and may not have the personnel to do it. I did commercial work for several shops for many years, some had tools and some didn't. They all had woodworking needs they couldn't finish because they didn't have someone capable of the woodworking aspects of their repairs.

Bill, what kind of opportunities are you looking for? Are you looking for employment? Or access to a hobby shop? Help with projects? Your profile doesn’t have any information

My gut is that the OP is looking for a place to enjoy woodworking as a hobby based on context. But I could be wrong about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...