Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source of cabinet grade plywood in my area

Blog Entries
    As Jim said above, can you find a business that already buys and go thru them? I've said this before... I can't buy from certain sellers right now and I am a business. I just don't build 100's of cabinets every year. I think they are being careful because they are spinning out just supplying their big customers and there isn't any room for you.

Another thought: Are there cabinet CNC places that you could order thru? I guess it depends on how much you want to build when you say install cabinets, but maybe there is an RTA (Read To Assemble) place that will cut all your goods out for you and palletize. We have one called Lewis Cabinet that will CNC all the parts for Euro cabinets to any size you want. You can add a face frame and make it pretty nice. Or maybe just a good CNC vendor that already buys sheets and you could hit them up?

Found out years ago... when you phone and check prices, they know it is going to be a small order and not interested... But when you go in person and talk to them, most places are polite and will be glad to order for you... or if they have it in stock to sell it to you...

I would second the advise to call Mongers, they can definitely order any grade of ply for you.
    Also, for anyone searching info for the place outside Dayton, it’s full name is Martin’s Native Lumber. Not to be confused with Nelson Martin who runs a small planning mill. All good folks to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Just call or stop in to your local wurth branch. They wont turn their nose up at cash. If you want access to more than home.center dont get your nose in a twist.
    This was my experience, too. I told them woodworking is my side hustle and I don’t have a separate business. They had no issues taking my credit card for payment.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry