Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FedEx

Prashun, I have always wondered how things magically appear and have rejoiced at how cool it is that the system works.. In ‘18 on a Tues morning I purchased a component from Auckland, NZ. Thur at 11 am it was dropped over my gate. Remarkable! I agree that the problem is personnel. With the ability to see the in depth tracking info you can see that each touch on the product was pencil-whipped to get onto another bar-code to do the same. Taht said, those people are directed or encouraged to fail. I expect and the consumer deserves to be notified if something is awry. It is all software related. I knew I had no choice but tolerate the slow motion delivery. Tools For Woodworking however as a responsible vendor ended up holding the bag on the incompetence of the local FedEx franchisee. They immediately shipped the first order and after multiple touches three weeks later honored the customer., me, by shipping another. I was self-employed for 50 yrs. If an order is not delivered as expected, it takes only one problem with an order to make it an unprofitable sale.

I am beginning to think my three Fedex packages might arrive at some point in 2022 or 2023, if ever. Two of packages have been in the local area for a few days. They were supposed to be delivered today, but that isn't happening. The other package just keeps being moved from one local depot to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I'm mildly upset with Fedex right now. I have two ground packages sitting at two different local terminals that are now late. One was supposed to come Sunday and the other was supposed to come today. The silly thing is both were at the local terminals on Sunday so no reason they shouldn't have been delivered today.

It isn't the end of the world as neither one is really time sensitive. One is a tool I wanted to use this weekend while it was still somewhat warm outside. If the work waits until spring it won't hurt a thing. The other is some access points and there is no big hurry to get them installed. I wasn't going to be able to do anything with them tonight at least.

Brian I think your assessment of the difference between employees and contracted services is spot on. I know several people who made careers with UPS and USPS. Fedex baffles me in their delivery system anyway. With UPS and USPS for that matter the delivery always comes through the same relatively local hub. Most of the time Fedex comes from the closest hub about 35 miles away. Other times it comes from a hub in a different state that is about 70 mile away. Just seems like that is part of the issue. That and usually the UPS driver is the same or one of a couple. Fedex seems like it's someone different I've never seen half the time. I know with todays technology routes are mostly plotted for them to save(supposedly) miles and time. I did receive my order yesterday. Tracking never changed though. Showed it went from St Louis to Big Timber Mt back to me (3 hrs from St Louis) in a little over 24 hours. Possible by air but not by road. Anyway stay tuned for the next installment of "Where's my Package".

Blog Entries
    Two of packages have been in the local area for a few days. They were supposed to be delivered today, but that isn't happening.
    If you are able to go to the local hub it might be worth a call to see if they can find the package for you to pick up. This used to work for me in the past.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    If you are able to go to the local hub it might be worth a call to see if they can find the package for you to pick up. This used to work for me in the past.
    The stuff isn’t that important. I’m just annoyed that delivery keeps getting delayed.

6. I ordered a moisture meter from Nyle that was shipped FedEx and it requires a signature for delivery. FedEx texted it was scheduled to be delivered Friday 12/3 and late that day said it was rescheduled to Monday 12/6. They attempted deliver when I was not home on Saturday. Next message said they would attempt delivery again on Tuesday 12/7. I was in the house on Sunday and my wife said she saw the truck leaving. I received a text that no one was at home to sign for it and they would attempt delivery one more time before returning it to Nyle. They never even rang the bell. I called the 800 number within 5 minutes and was told they have no way to contact the driver and no process to let me talk to a supervisor or escalate this. They are now diverting it for pickup to a local dollar store and said it would be there yesterday, then today, now tomorrow. I order quite a bit online and understand logistics and what is going on in the world right now. I am hearing a lot of stories like this specifically about FedEx. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by David Jurincie; 12-07-2021 at 7:40 PM.

I have some camera gear that was loaded on the truck at 1:30(ish) yesterday morning saying it was going out for delivery. It never showed up and still says it'll be delivered yesterday. I have a second package that should be here today (I have my doubts). When I talked about FedEx a coworker told me about how he gets his pet food from Chewy. His latest auto delivery has been sitting down at the local depot (over an hour away). When he called they said it might be delivered this week (or maybe not). So he called Chewy who sent next month's shipment over night free of charge (shipping and pet food). I can't think that Chewy is too happy about having loosing profit on a sale to keep a customer happy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jurincie View Post
    I ordered a moisture meter from Nyle that was shipped FedEx and it requires a signature for delivery. FedEx texted it was scheduled to be delivered Friday 12/3 and late that day said it was rescheduled to Monday 12/6. They attempted deliver when I was not home on Saturday. Next message said they would attempt delivery again on Tuesday 12/7. I was in the house on Sunday and my wife said she saw the truck leaving. I received a text that no one was at home to sign for it and they would attempt delivery one more time before returning it to Nyle. They never even rang the bell. I called the 800 number within 5 minutes and was told they have no way to contact the driver and no process to let me talk to a supervisor or escalate this. They are now diverting it for pickup to a local dollar store and said it would be there yesterday, then today, now tomorrow. I order quite a bit online and understand logistics and what is going on in the world right now. I am hearing a lot of stories like this specifically about FedEx. Very disappointing.
    I've experienced Fedex customer service as well. It's impossible to talk to anyone of authority. As for not being able to contact the driver that's quite possible with the contracted services. The drivers aren't employees and they wouldn't have any direct contact with them. They have extremely low accountability. I have a package that was supposed to deliver yesterday but it was still in Chicago. It did finally move after 4 days and says delayed but delivering tomorrow. We shall see.