Thread: trace out a cow head profile and cut it out on a co2 laser

trace out a cow head profile and cut it out on a co2 laser

tracing a cow's head and creating a cad file for cutting

https://logicgroup.vids.io/videos/06...on-a-co2-laser
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the cow project Stan.

I have been busy with my digitizing board as well lately.

Skeletons Ghosts and Vampires.jpg

Cut from 3/8" thick PVC these skeletons are just about half of the drawings I have to still cut. Two more sheets in my shop to cut this afternoon before I go back to making garden gnomes again. My friend who owns a sign and supply business in Norfolk ordered a board yesterday and plans to order another one for his shop soon. I offered to spend some time with him to help him get acquainted with the software when his board arrives.

I have done some custom gasket cutting awhile back and would like to do more.

Keith
    That all sounds good, i got kicked off utube because I violated 15 things, wasn't even me and they will not let me back
    I cannot seem to talk to them , been with them since 2007 , all my videos are for children and up so i have lost that platform
    very sad as a lot of people followed me
    I had a strange thing happen with one of my boards , i was using a 24in LG monitor sitting close to the edge of the drawing board
    then found my tracings were out by 1/2 on that area finally 2+2 and i removed it and things are back okl
    so i guess you got to watch what gets close to the boards
    I am also learning vinyl printing on signs and on clothing very interesting , just finished some hand bags and i am still training
    Things are good and like to learn new things
    How are you cutting 3/8 pvc---laser?

You can't cut PVC with a laser so I am sing my CNC and it cuts like butter.
    Sorry to her about your YouTube problems, I suggest you move to Parlor which may eventually put a big dent in YouTube traffic as so many people are having the same problems you are experiencing.

Two more skeletons added yesterday, the standing skeleton and the one with its hands up. I have to start removing some in order to add more next year.

IMG_1568 sm.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-01-2021 at 11:38 AM.

well done I really like your sketetons, and the building in the background , will google parlor (thanks)
    what does PVC do to a co2 laser, that's not the same material as records right , they produce a chlorine gas

--so does Poly-Vinyl-Chloride --

not sure the technical difference between PVC and vinyl records...

I've engraved PVC, small engraving on small parts trays, very little smoke compared to what cutting the stuff would produce!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yep, cutting any type of PVC produces chlorine gas which is deadly AND it will eat the metal parts of your laser engraver.

eating laser parts would bother me , chlorine can be handled
    thanks