Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Device or hardware To Move Monitor In And Away

How do those attach to back of the monitor, it looks like 4 screws? How do I know I won't screw in to something important and damage it, like the back of the screen?
    WoodsShop

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Wood View Post
    How do those attach to back of the monitor, it looks like 4 screws? How do I know I won't screw in to something important and damage it, like the back of the screen?

These are VESA mount. Monitor will have matching screw holes on the back. Similar to how TVs have.
    If monitor does not support vesa mount then, I am not sure how to hand it.

Joe, as Anuj mentioned, most contemporary monitors will have a universal four-hole mounting flange on the back. Like so….

2784BFF0-0CE1-454B-8EB6-C2CB7A7916D3.jpg

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

yeah I just ordered a new monitor and an arm, checked to see the arm had those holes, properly spaced
    WoodsShop

Most desktop monitors and arms will have either 75mm or 100mm spacing of the holes. Some larger mounts and screens, like large TV's, will have 200mm spacing. The Ergotron LX arms have both 75mm and 100mm spaced holes on their mounting plates, as do may other brands. You should have no trouble.

The last 3 monitors I've bought have only a stand, no screw mounting...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The last 3 monitors I've bought have only a stand, no screw mounting...
    Many, if not most of them have the VESA standard mounting provision hidden, either under the OEM stand mounting on the back of the monitor or behind a removable panel. But it's easy to check for this feature when buying the monitor as it should be listed in the specifications. It's rare at this point for a decent monitor to not have this feature; same for pretty much any flat screen TV, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My wife had some Dell monitors a few years back that had no VESA holes. Just some proprietary stand. I believe you can still get universal adapters to attach them to the VESA flange. I have something similar for holding my ipad on my three-monitor mount.

Erik