Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sources for the Lennox 1.3 tpi carbide blade for bandsaws

Sources for the Lennox 1.3 tpi carbide blade for bandsaws

Where does everyone source these blades from. Time for me to invest in a carbide blade for my Centauro CO 600. This saw is strictly my lumber break down machine so will get lots of Resaw and ripping action. This blade will get installed and left on this machine, I have a smaller saw for general bandsaw chores/curves.

Mike,

I put the same blade on my Steton SN500 this past summer and it hasn’t come off and I’ve done a lot of resawing, ripping and some joinery with it. Fantastic blade and good value.

I got mine from Spectrum Supply which is in Minnesota, I think. My saw is 500mm (~ 20”) and has a 163” blade length and I want to say the blade was around $140 or so from what I remember.
    Still waters run deep.

I’ve bought from bandsaw blades direct and a local saw service that has their coils.
    The weld from bandsaw blades direct was better.
    https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/
    A near perfect weld is important to my work and peace of mind.
    Good Luck
    Aj

Happy with what Ive gotten from Bandsawbladesdirect. They can take a while to deliver though (~3 weeks for the two times I've ordered recently) so perhaps not best if you need a blade quickly.

You won't ever want anything else on it. I get mine from Bandsawbladesdirect, too. always perfect.

'Nuther vote for Bandsawbladesdirect.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks for the replies. I have to go over to my shop now and figure out the length that I want to get. My saw still has the original sticker with Centauro's blade length from the factory on it as well as a length written in Sharpie by the former owner. I want to verify if they are the same ,if not I will go with the factory suggestion. What is your experience with the surface quality of finished cuts from this blade ? I ask because recently I saw a picture here from another bandsaw thread where I believe John TenEyck posted pictures of a Resaw that looked exceptional to me.

Blog Entries

Lenox has more than one carbide oriented band available...they all have good cut quality for sure, but I suspect that the carbide tipped TriMaster has the best cut quality at the expense of, well...expense...and kerf width. A lot of folks speak favorably of the CT. I haven't used that one, but it's on my list to try at some point.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Another vote for Spectrum Supply. They have the lowest price I've found on the Woodmaster CT 1" x 1.3 tpi blade I use on my 17" Grizzly. It is a fantastic blade for resawing thick stock and slicing veneer. This is pretty typical of what you can expect when it's new, running at 24 ksi:

John

CT is for carbide tipped. The Woodmaster CT is made specifically for wood. The others that people use, and you hear mentioned, are really made for cutting metal. Cut quality is mostly determined by steady feed, once the machine is tuned to the max. The Woodmaster CT can not only cut smoothly, with smooth feed, but can also cut Really Fast!!

I ran 10,000 lineal feet of Cypress through mine, making Cypress shingles, using a sled that cut the tapers lengthwise. It would cut them as fast as I could push them through. I had one helper setting a 30" board on the sled, and another helper taking two shingles off at the time, stacking them in the back of the pickup. That blade has been used a number of times, since then, for resawing other stuff, and hasn't needed sharpening yet. We could go from 10' boards on a trailer, to a pickup full of shingles in a little over an hour. I never considered how many squares that was.

thanks John and Tom. Decision made this is the blade I will buy. I have been meaning to get a carbide tipped blade for a while. I bought a box of blade stock on Ebay and had the entire 136' made up into blades for my Centauro. If I remember right I ended up with 8-9 bands. They have all been used now so it is time to step up to what I really want.

Ok so one last question, the factory blade length sticker on the machine has a minimum and maximum length listed. the two lengths are nearly 4 1/2'' different. The former owner had a length written in sharpie on the inside of the door on the top wheel, turns out it is right in the middle of the range. What would you guys order for a length ? I am leaning towards the" Sharpie length". Is there any reason to consider something different ? Also I priced the blade on Spectrum and bandsaw blade direct, turns out spectrum was significantly cheaper as in almost $80 less.
    Last edited by Mike Kees; 10-30-2021 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

I can't remember the length I ordered, but can find it if needed. I ordered one in the middle of the range for my 600, and would get the same length again, when I need to replace it. Mine was a few dollars less than 200, but that was several years ago.

Best price i found back in April was Spectrum supply, service and shipping was good.

http://www.spectrumsupply.com/