Thread: looking for unique branding iron source

looking for unique branding iron source

Like many here I mark most of my woodworking projects using a brass branding iron that says HAND CRAFTED BY...

Sometimes that brand is too large to look right on a piece so I was wondering if anyone can give me a link to small or unique brands, but still personal to me with my name or at least say my initials inside a circle or square perhaps. Seems like years ago in a magazine some company even offered a personalized wooden medallion which could be glued into a hole...BUT considering my age I don't need a thousand of them so a simple smaller branding iron would suffice!

Thanks!!!

Ron, you may want to try Gearheart Industries they do custom irons. I have one of their irons and it works well. Izzy

https://www.gearheartindustry.com/

There is a long list of people here who can make custom medallions for you in any size or wood species you prefer. Our Laser Engraving Forum is where they hang out and you can post a want ad in our Classifieds Forum. I make them for our Moderators when they let me know that they need them but I don't sell them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had this outfit put my logo on a custom branding iron https://buckeyeengraving.com/custom-branding-irons/

Take a look at Etsey. Many options

Look for Beamer on Etsy.

This is his web page Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Pratt View Post
    Like many here I mark most of my woodworking projects using a brass branding iron that says HAND CRAFTED BY...

Sometimes that brand is too large to look right on a piece so I was wondering if anyone can give me a link to small or unique brands, but still personal to me with my name or at least say my initials inside a circle or square perhaps. Seems like years ago in a magazine some company even offered a personalized wooden medallion which could be glued into a hole...BUT considering my age I don't need a thousand of them so a simple smaller branding iron would suffice!

Thanks!!!
    I made one for a friend. I turned and milled a chunk of bronze, worked it a bit by hand, made a handle. Worked well heated with a propane torch. Might be reasonable to do if you have a milling machine.

brand_composite_1.jpg brand_composite_2.jpg brand_composite_3.jpg brand_composite_4.jpg

JKJ