Thread: remove the plastic cooling fan from a Delta Unisaw 3HP motor

remove the plastic cooling fan from a Delta Unisaw 3HP motor

Anyone have any wisdom? I got the cover off. Got the circlip removed. Fan won't budge. It's plastic. Te piece that the circlip was around has 1/2 inch flats on the sides. Does it need to be removed to pull the fan?

Looking at their parts list for the saw they don't show a breakdown of the motor's guts. Only suggestion would be to call Delta tech support. brian
    Brian

I got it. Just needed to be a bit less afraid to put pressure on the plastic and pull. Saw is reassembled and running well! Now working on a motor door latch (missing) and need to find a fence.

Chris if you can find one a Unifence is in my opinion the best fence ever built. I have a couple and would actually prefer the 32'' long rail over the 50'' one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    Looking at their parts list for the saw they don't show a breakdown of the motor's guts. Only suggestion would be to call Delta tech support. brian
    Haha! That's funny. Do you really think Delta tech support (if such a thing even exists) will actually be of any help? Particularly if it's not a current model.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Haha! That's funny. Do you really think Delta tech support (if such a thing even exists) will actually be of any help? Particularly if it's not a current model.

Agree that it's funny. I think Brian was actually trying to help. He may just be unaware that there really is no "Delta" support for older Delta tools at this time.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Agree that it's funny. I think Brian was actually trying to help. He may just be unaware that there really is no "Delta" support for older Delta tools at this time.
    I know his intentions were good, I just couldn't resist.

Bet there is information over at OWWM's web site on how to remove the fan. Delta didn't make your motor. Most likely Marathon, or WEG made it, depending upon it's age.