Thread: Thin kerf saw blade

Thin kerf saw blade

Hi all.

Haven't posted anything of late but still read to stay in the loop. Looking to find a slot cutting wood saw blade that would just be slightly larger than a playing card. Barely 1/16" I suspect without a closer measure. Any idea which one? Or do I need to go the slot cutting route on the palm router?

Model builders use mini tablesaws such as the Byrnes. That saw has a blade kerf of 0.055. I do not know what the arbor size is though. It is a 4" dia. blade.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

How about this Diablo blade for a circular saw. I have used one in my 10" table saw without issues when I needed a thin kerf. Kerf is ~ 1/16", cutting depth is obviously not deep.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIABLO-7...760R/100627136
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Luthiers use very thin blades to cut kerfs to install frets. Check luthier-supply sites.

There is one or more sources for custom kerf blades in this recent thread:

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....e-on-a-SawStop
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I saw someone using a Proxxon mini table saw with I think a .023" kerf blade.

Or $400 for a blade?

OP says sixteenth of an inch, and thickness of a playing card. I say those are different. A standard credit card is close to 1/32" (.030"). I think a playing card is thinner than that, like closer to .02".

Here's a luthier-supply outfit selling a blade which cuts a .023" kerf. https://www.lmii.com/fretting-setup-...-023-kerf.html 5/8" arbor hole, so it will fit your standard table saw.

A Bicycle playing card is .0125", compared to your other number of .0625" (1/16). Metal slitting blades is the place for playing card thickness and 1/16" blade is on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Kerf40-.../dp/B00J8UM7CW

Infinity has a very thin blade for tablesaws
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory King View Post
    Hi all.

Haven't posted anything of late but still read to stay in the loop. Looking to find a slot cutting wood saw blade that would just be slightly larger than a playing card. Barely 1/16" I suspect without a closer measure. Any idea which one? Or do I need to go the slot cutting route on the palm router?
    I purchased a 6” diameter one from FS Tools (made in Canada) and had it bored to 30mm to fit my shaper. They’ll grind it to the exact width you want….Rod

Just getting back to this post. Thanks all. Should have taken a picture, but I'm making some 3 level card stands for the Kanasta game. Most of the seniors have a difficult time holding that many cards.