Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debating Felder A3 vs upgrades to current equipment

I’m with Chris. Sold the 735 (really loved it though) and a 6” porter cable jointer on Craigslist and got the A3. Don’t find the tables too short but I don’t build huge stuff. Changing over takes maybe a minute. It also fits nicely in the garage. I did buy one of the extension tables that I keep on the planer out feed side, but I have not felt a need for getting any more.

You come close with the drill/disk using the gauge that came on the machine, then remove the disk and dial it in using the gauge.

Go to the 0:45 second mark to see the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdBTHzpoE

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    You come close with the drill/disk using the gauge that came on the machine, then remove the disk and dial it in using the gauge.

Go to the 0:45 second mark to see the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdBTHzpoE
    I like that, going to make one of those today, thanks

If you'd rather not drill holes in your depth gauge disk, try this instead.

IMG_20211022_093401155.jpg

IMG_20211022_093423982.jpg

The fingers go on the outside of the disk. No modification to the Hammer needed.

Cliff
    Mudhead: "Doesn't Louise count?" Porgy: "Only to 10, Mudhead."

Done, thanks.

I have an .svg file for this, but cannot upload this file type. Pm me if you would like a copy of this file.

Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 10-22-2021 at 1:34 PM.

You might want to contact a Hammer rep as the price you quoted seems high to me. I ordered my A3-31 last week with digital depth guide, wheels and shellix head. No extension tables. Maybe I just got lucky, but my quote was under $6K. The 6 month wait is still there.

And thanks to the Hammer reps! Good, responsive friendly people.