Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debating Felder A3 vs upgrades to current equipment

I’m with Chris. Sold the 735 (really loved it though) and a 6” porter cable jointer on Craigslist and got the A3. Don’t find the tables too short but I don’t build huge stuff. Changing over takes maybe a minute. It also fits nicely in the garage. I did buy one of the extension tables that I keep on the planer out feed side, but I have not felt a need for getting any more.

You come close with the drill/disk using the gauge that came on the machine, then remove the disk and dial it in using the gauge.

Go to the 0:45 second mark to see the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdBTHzpoE

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    You come close with the drill/disk using the gauge that came on the machine, then remove the disk and dial it in using the gauge.

Go to the 0:45 second mark to see the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZdBTHzpoE
    I like that, going to make one of those today, thanks

If you'd rather not drill holes in your depth gauge disk, try this instead.

IMG_20211022_093401155.jpg

IMG_20211022_093423982.jpg

The fingers go on the outside of the disk. No modification to the Hammer needed.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Done, thanks.

I have an .svg file for this, but cannot upload this file type. Pm me if you would like a copy of this file.

Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 10-22-2021 at 12:34 PM.

You might want to contact a Hammer rep as the price you quoted seems high to me. I ordered my A3-31 last week with digital depth guide, wheels and shellix head. No extension tables. Maybe I just got lucky, but my quote was under $6K. The 6 month wait is still there.

And thanks to the Hammer reps! Good, responsive friendly people.