Thread: 5 month old Trotec Speedy 300 will NOT turn on!

5 month old Trotec Speedy 300 will NOT turn on!

Help! My new (purchased in May of this year) Trotec Speedy 300 will NOT turn on. It was running fine last night and then today I go to turn it on and nothing! I did a cleaning on the machine last night when i was finished with it. Cleaned the lense and the mirror on the right hand side down in the compartment. Checked and rechecked to make sure that was put back correctly but only one way it will fit back in so I know the mirror isn't the issue

The front door panel is closed tightly.

I've checked my power supply and the outlet is live as I tried another piece of equipment in it and no issues with power.

I've unplugged the machine from the back and from the outlet and plugged back in and no go.

I have put in a ticket to Trotec tech support and am waiting for someone to call me back, hopefully today.

I just thought I would drop a note here in case anyone has run into this before and on the off chance there is some quick fix for this issue.

This machine is not quite 5 months old and until today seemed to be running really well. It has been well taken care of, cleaned almost every day and not moved around at all.

I am at a loss and of course have jobs to run as well as getting ready for a big show coming up soon.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions as to what I might try to get this fixed ASAP!

I've run into a 'similar' issue several times, with several machines:

The problem? When cleaning or adjusting or whatever, I accidentally bumped the emergency stop knob, and didn't realize it... check yours!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I've run into a 'similar' issue several times, with several machines:

The problem? When cleaning or adjusting or whatever, I accidentally bumped the emergency stop knob, and didn't realize it... check yours!

I just checked and the emerg button is ok. It did not get pushed. Thanks though for the suggestion.

My Epilog wouldn't "move" one time years ago. Everything looked fine. Spent a long time dinking
    around to find the little magnets on the cover weren't aligned (how I don't know).
    Got a bigger pair of magnets and stuck them to the frame and viola!!
    Are there any "idiot" lights on the mother board when you apply power?
    You say it will not turn on but there is power @ the outlet--fused power supply? Internal breaker
    somewhere on the machine? Can you do a continuity test on the power cord?

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

[QUOTE=Bruce Volden;3149486]My Epilog wouldn't "move" one time years ago. Everything looked fine. Spent a long time dinking
    around to find the little magnets on the cover weren't aligned (how I don't know).
    Got a bigger pair of magnets and stuck them to the frame and viola!!
    Are there any "idiot" lights on the mother board when you apply power?
    You say it will not turn on but there is power @ the outlet--fused power supply? Internal breaker
    somewhere on the machine? Can you do a continuity test on the power cord?

Crisis averted! A stupid rookie mistake. I'm back in business.

Jennifer,
    It is absolutely against the rules to leave us all "hanging"!
    Good for you.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Jennifer

Glad to have you on the forum and glad you were able to solve your problem. I've been at this for 25 years and, for some reason, those rookie mistakes are still happening.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7