Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rust inhibitor

Why not paint it?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I've had pretty good results with this (top rating in FWW article a few years back):
    81G-Xuto-fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    I don't have big rusting issues, just trying to keep ahead of it. I have a dehumidifier, the thread is about some vise parts that are steel and I want to treat them to prevent rust. brian

Lots of products and lots of folks. We all tend to have a favorite. For tools in use like your vise I would just use a paste wax. For items (or areas on items) that get less frequent use I use LPS. Like paste wax, a little goes along way and the cost is minimal over the life of the product. I also use the CRC 3-36 product as a lube with good success.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 10-24-2021 at 9:37 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    I've had pretty good results with this (top rating in FWW article a few years back):
    81G-Xuto-fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    That's what I use too, but it does leave a liquid film that has to be wiped off. I wish it dried on the surface like Boeshield.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.