Thread: Looking for higher end scroll saw - King reviews are good but???

Looking for higher end scroll saw - King reviews are good but???

I read some reviews and see stuff popping up on the supply chain. Taiwan, China, Canada, etc.

1. Thoughts on the King 16 and 21" saw? Leaning towards the 21" as my budget is about $1K
    2. How in your estimation do the others compare such as the Jet for just under $1k?
    3. Any others I should look into?
    4. Think in 5-10 years I can buy parts if needed?

Thanks

https://scrollsawer.com/2018/03/07/p...od-to-be-king/

That looks a lot like the old Excalibur saw which was copied by DeWalt for their popular saw years ago. I have the original Excalibur and it is a great saw. The King has some improvements, and looks well made, but no experience with it.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I have that saw with the Dewalt name. Like it a lot. I have a very early deWalt model that was manufactured in Canada. Got the saw and stand for $199. Got to love a good clearance sale at Lowe's
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I have the 21" Excalibur and like it. When I heard that King in Canada was selling it now, I checked. I agree with the earlier poster, it looks like the same saw with some improvements.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

We recently purchased a Pegas 21" scroll saw for our community workshop. We've been very pleased with it - very smooth, very stable. A nice plus is that it comes with the Pegas chuck already installed. It's also based on that same Excalibur design and is very similar to the King (built in same factory, perhaps?).

agree with others that it looks like the excalibur - i have the 30" - it has been a great saw - very nice that the head stock pivots rather than the table. i have not seen a dust collector setup for a scroll saw before.
    jerry
    jerry