Thread: Laser stopped firing

Laser stopped firing

I have looked at all the old posts on this to no avail. First I have been on hold for Epilog tech support 3 times today twice requested a callback and that was a joke as I have been on hold for over 1.5 hours this time and the first call was 9:00 this morning.
    So I need some thoughts if I am missing anything. The tube stopped running middle of a job and this tube is under warranty and was bought at the same time as the one on my other machine that just went out last week. I do not like the pattern.
    I cleaned the encoder strip blew out the reader, checked all the safety lights for the lid and door and they work just like the other machine. The motherboards lights are doing the same on both machines. The green light on the power supply is on showing it is good.

Other than the tube or RF unit in the tube what else could be the issue?
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    I have looked at all the old posts on this to no avail. First I have been on hold for Epilog tech support 3 times today twice requested a callback and that was a joke as I have been on hold for over 1.5 hours this time and the first call was 9:00 this morning.
    So I need some thoughts if I am missing anything. The tube stopped running middle of a job and this tube is under warranty and was bought at the same time as the one on my other machine that just went out last week. I do not like the pattern.
    I cleaned the encoder strip blew out the reader, checked all the safety lights for the lid and door and they work just like the other machine. The motherboards lights are doing the same on both machines. The green light on the power supply is on showing it is good.

Other than the tube or RF unit in the tube what else could be the issue?
    After almost 3 hours on hold got a tech and a new warranty tube on the way.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)