Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
I've never gotten any of the moly I've tried to do a thing other than make a mess

how I open cans-- First, I just take something like a sharp ice pick and poke a teeny hole at the very top to let the pressure escape. After that, I put the can in a vice-- I find something to prop it up with so when tightened in the clamp I'll be cutting- with a hacksaw, about 3" above the bottom. As you can imagine you can't tighten the can very hard, so I hold the top of the can as best I can with my left hand while sawing with my right.

As for a container, Cermark bottles are VERY airtight, I've never thrown one away. But any plastic jar that will be reasonably airtight with the lid on will work, worst case is thinning it out again if it thickens up!

Viscosity-- Mike says 'consistency of 2% milk" works for him, myself I lean more towards 'chocolate milk'

Cheap foam brushes are my best way of brushing it on. Keep jar, half-pint or so, about 1/2 full with denatured alcohol, use this to clean the brush afterward. When the brush wears out, give it a good rinse with the DNA, then squeeze it as dry as possible. AND, use your brush cleaner DNA for thinning future batches. Zero waste. Which is a good thing for something that costs $28 per ounce!
Awesome! Thanks for all the info. I'll give up on the spray can and open it up and use the foam brush to use up the rest of it.

Thanks much again and have a great day!