Thread: Harvey Table Saw Purchase

Harvey Table Saw Purchase

This afternoon I pulled the trigger on a Harvey Alpha 4hp 52” table saw ! We sold our house last year and as part of the sale, I had to leave my 8 year old Unisaw. I was torn (I really liked that saw) but since we had to move to an apartment for a year (building a new house), it saved me from moving it to storage. We are finally getting close to moving in (fingers crossed), so I wanted to get my new saw on order. Harvey is indicating the end of November ship date, so it should work out fine (even if it slips a bit). : )

One of the reasons I looked at Harvey was all of the great info that I found here on SMC. And thank you to the person who said to call in and talk to them about the price before ordering. I followed that advise and talked to them about other quotes I had on table saws, and they improved their price quite a bit, enough for me to purchase it today.

Once I receive, assemble, and try it out, I will post my findings, etc.

Congrats. Looking forward to your feedback

MK

Blog Entries
    Sweet looking saw. The magnifiers would help me.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quick update. Well goods news is I received the saw late December ! As we were not in our new house yet, the builder allowed me to ship it to him and he would store it for me. We finally moved into the new house the first week of March 😁. Now for the bad news- the weather has been so bad (rain and even one day of snow) so the place is a muddy mess and I have not been able to move the saw to the house yet (shop is in our basement which is a walkout). Weather has been better and is suppose to be warm this week so fingers crossed that I maybe able to have the builder bring the saw this week and finally get to set it up ! Review to follow !

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Colombo View Post
    Now for the bad news- the weather has been so bad (rain and even one day of snow) so the place is a muddy mess and I have not been able to move the saw to the house yet
    Yeah, the Michigan weather this year has been sort of like a roller coaster ride with the unusual highs & lows.
    Here in Southeast MI. We have had 70-degree weather & snow within the same week.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Colombo View Post
    I maybe able to have the builder bring the saw this week and finally get to set it up ! Review to follow !
    I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Harvey 4HP. dovetail trunnion saw, But I decided to go with a SawStop instead because of the safety feature. Expected delivery for the SawStop is around the middle of June, So I'm also doing the waiting game! However your waiting game is a little more intense since you technically already have the Harvey, but can't use it.

Comparing the Harvey to the SawStop, You get a lot more features with the Harvey for the price.

Look forward to seeing your Harvey once you get it set up!

Blog Entries
    I've heard a lot of really good things about Harvey machinery lately. I wish they had them in stores so a person could actually lay hands on them. @Doug Walls what features do they have that SawStop doesn't? It's nice to see some more competition developing in the upmarket sector. I'm not in the market for a table saw (I have a SawStop), but I like to keep up on this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    @Doug Walls what features do they have that SawStop doesn't? It's nice to see some more competition developing in the upmarket sector.
    SawStop naturally has the added safety feature, but if you compare the two of them based on price!
    you'll get more power a lot better miter gauge plus over arm dust collection with the Harvey.

Doug