Thread: Bosch Sketchup Drawing for SLCMS

Blog Entries

Bosch Sketchup Drawing for SLCMS

Trying to design a cabinet setup for a Bosch Sliding Compound Miter Saw. The height width and depth are fairly straight forward, but I would like to build a dust hood that will be connected thru my system to a ClearVue Cyclone. It will have a top and bottom and maybe even a back dust connector to get all of those really nasties out (I know day dreaming). Obviously to minimize forward flying dust, it is best to create some sort of shield or block, but the openings can not be too tigh on tolerances as the various movements of the saw (tilt/compound) need to be taken unto account.

Anyone drawn a too scale miter saw on SketchUp that can actually be rotated to aid in dimensional analysis? Also, with all above being said, I seldom (don't think ever) have used the compound miter setting for the saw, so do i even need to worry about that? Saw an online vid where the guy just made the cover for the up/down, L/R function and secured with magnets that he could remove it in the event he ever did need the compound settings. Thoughts or pics?

BTW, the Bosch is the old style with the long rails off the back, so the depth of the box has to be fairly deep. Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, October 14, 2021_19h05m29s_009_.jpg
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

The way that title reads, I thought Bosch bought Sketchup. Also the L thru me off of SCMS. But it sure make me click on the post, so job accomplished.

Have you checked the 3D warehouse? If it exists, it likely will be in the warehouse.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Just searched 3D Warehouse and there are a couple of Bosch saws there but they both look like the Glide models. I also saw a Makita with the rails sticking out the back. You can use the Scale tool in SketchUp to at least make its dimensions match your saw, even if it wasn’t be an exact match for mounting holes and stuff.

Blog Entries
    Not having luck finding these. Are you searching the 3D Warehouse from within SketchUp? I have SU Make if that MAKES a difference.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    Not having luck finding these. Are you searching the 3D Warehouse from within SketchUp? I have SU Make if that MAKES a difference.
    If I open the 3d warehouse from within sketchup, and search for "Bosch saw", and then click on the Models tab (not the default products tab), several are found. The warehouse search function could use some improvement....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--