Thread: Clean pants gloat

Clean pants gloat

My wife told me to put on some old clothes before I painted a little trim. "You can go thru my closet and try to find anything with paint on it" I boldly countered. You are probably thinking that my brazen challenge to Murphy would bite me in the elbow, but no, it was another success.

So.... Painting naked is the secret?

Tom, thats cause he was busy with me

My father died at age 82 after 26 years of retirement. He still had some shirts and pant from work used for painting. He had good clothes, around the house clothes and clothes for painting.
    Bill D

If you get a LOT of paint on your shirt people will say , “That’s the first tie- dyed T shirt I’ve seen with heavy starch”.

Blog Entries
    About 50 years ago when working as a silkscreen printer the roach coach lady saw my pants and wanted to buy them from me. This was when acid washed and pre-hole-worn jeans were just starting to catch on. Then she realized they were my work pants covered in printing ink. Some of my work clothes were rather colorful.

Now when new pants are purchased a marker is used to mark the year on the inside around the top button/rivet. Some are presentable and SWMBO doesn't mind being seen with me in them. Some have a stain or two and are only worn when we plan on staying home. Some are full of holes and are worn mostly for working in the shop or when working with stains or glue.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think Magnus Walker took new stuff and messed distressed it all up and started selling that stuff and it took off. Hes an interesting guy, character. Loved how his first you tube was shot and edited.

I become pig pen when im working but the work is the focus.

Doug, that's genius!