Thread: Festool track saw dust collection not working

Festool track saw dust collection not working

My TS 55 has stopped collecting sawdust. It's throwing dust all over. The saw is hooked to a shop vac and there's plenty of suction from the hose, but there's almost no air movement by the blade. I took the blade cover off and there's no blockage anywhere. And when I turned on the shop vac with the cover still off it sucked in some residual dust. But put the cover back on and nothing.

The only thing that has changed is that I put a rip blade on. Haven't had the chance to switch blades back to see if it makes any difference but I don't see how the blade can make a difference.

Any guesses?

Thanks
    Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Try blowing out the saw with compressed air to see if plugged

MK

Wet wood? may have clogged it up take the blade out and play around

As I mentioned originally, I took the blade cover off and there is no blockage. Not that there is anywhere it could be blocked. It's just one open chamber around the blade.

The wood was dry 6/4 sapele. I had ripped the same a couple of weeks ago with the standard blade and the dust collection was fine.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Is it Rigid type vac? can you reverse it to see if it blows the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Is it Rigid type vac? can you reverse it to see if it blows the other way?
    It's a Fein. Not sure what reversing would show. The vac is working fine and he hose picks up dust when it' not connected to the saw dust port. The port is wide open, no blockage there.

Cliff
    Charles Bukowski