Thread: O. T. Note Paper Grabber???

O. T. Note Paper Grabber???

Before the days of Post Its, you used to put a stack of note paper in a little holder and every time you pressed down a plunger, a note page would stick to it and pop up with it, so you could just grab that one piece. Has anyone seen these around? I need to use it as part of a desk project. Thanks.

I haven't seen one of those but I'm definitely intrigued...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    I haven't seen one of those but I'm definitely intrigued...
    The one I used to use at work was about the size of Post it holders now, but the papers had no sticky on them. There was a kind of lid with something sticky on the underside, that you would press down and pick up a paper, which you could grab as your note. Only old timers like me would remember that.

Intrigued also. Googled several phrases and found nothing.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Think of an open-topped plastic box for post-it sized notes (non sticky). A spring arm is sticking out where the top would be, with a sticky underside on the end. You press on the end, contact the paper note and as the arm springs back to position, it brings the paper with it. You pull the paper out and it's ready to be dressed again for the next note paper.

Ebay has a "Vintage Taj Mahal Plastic Note Box Holder Souvenir Paper Dispenser" which sort resembles what you describe (not linked since I think that violates ToS). Well, it actually looks more like it pushes the top sheet out, rather than sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Ebay has a "Vintage Taj Mahal Plastic Note Box Holder Souvenir Paper Dispenser" which sort resembles what you describe (not linked since I think that violates ToS). Well, it actually looks more like it pushes the top sheet out, rather than sticking to it.
    Wow, almost there. Here's one that is for coffee filters. I'm still looking for the note paper version.
    Last edited by Derek Arita; 10-12-2021 at 6:06 PM. Reason: Removed ebay link per TOS

Blog Entries
    One of these would solve your problem for very little money and refills are readily available at any office supply store.
    post it.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute