Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Electric Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Since they have been working on EV's for a while now I would guess they have been doing the ERay project for a while now. I looked and the trademark and patents were filed in 2015. It's a hybrid and not a full plug in EV. It will be AWD with the front wheels electrically driven. Here is a link with some info.
    gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevrolet/corvette/chevrolet-corvette-c8/chevrolet-corvette-c8-e-ray/
    Yeah, 8kWh of battery is quite a bit more easier to package than the 80-100 that a full EV would require.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Short of redesigning the whole car, the C8 makes a lot more sense as a hybrid than a pure EV.
    Like I said...

Historically, a full platform change for the Corvette has been at least a 5-6 year development cycle. Full-EV "C9" in 2025 or later sounds a bit more reasonable.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

OK, here's the answer to all of the electric car problems:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...rcedes/3021121

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Isn't this deal with Hertz just going to make the wait for the public to get Telsa vehicles even worse? The wait to buy a model 3 today is between one and two months depending on which option is selected. 10% of Tesla's entire production for the next year is going exclusively to Hertz. Hertz doesn't have an exclusive with Tesla, but Tesla may not have the cars available to sell to any other rental car company.
    Way back in 1967 the wait for a new ordered car was 2 to 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    ok, here's the answer to all of the electric car problems:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...rcedes/3021121
    rotflmao
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

It won't play for me, I get the message "THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION", what are you guys down there trying to hide?

wont play for me either might have to move to LA. Could use some humour at the moment and have 10 friends that scoff at them despite you tubes ive sent they refuse to assimilate or even acknowledge.

I sometimes think Eugene Levi should change his name to Eugene Levity

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I remember that as it was my dad's habit to always factory order. That was at a time when nearly every feature could be ordered a la carté ... even colors in many cases. (I factory order most of the time, too...I want what I want, as it were. )
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    What exactly does that have to do with today's situation? In 1967 were dealer lots also almost completely empty so you couldn't just go to a dealer and drive off the lot with a new vehicle?

For many years prior to the pandemic it was possible to go to a dealer and be able to get just about any vehicle you wanted without having to order it from the factory. Today, it is difficult to buy a new vehicle without having to order one, or putting a deposit on one that the dealer ordered.

I found a playable link to the video for those of us in the great white north.
    https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/3...-In-Monologue/
    I hear Mini is working on a model that runs on AAA batteries.

If so then Elon will be working on one that runs on watch batteries

The Tesla battery pack is made of AA batteries linked together with some heat sensors thrown in for good measure. I think it is about 12,000 separate cells.
    Bill D

On edit 4,416. cells inside. they are standard laptop 4680 batteries

I have 3 EVs (2 Bolts & 1 Niro) and a traditional hybrid in our family. We got the EVs back in July so I haven't gone through a NJ winter with them yet, but if anyone has any questions, have at it.

The best summary I can give for EVs are: They're not perfect, but neither is your car. There's an old saying: With the good, comes the bad. This is no different. What I will say is, the bad so far, really hasn't been that bad.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

What is the most common/preferred receptacle to use for EV's? I need to put in a couple on a lake rental house. I just upgraded the Service Entrance from 200, to 400 amp for other purposes, so have plenty of spots for them.

Around here, the offseason rentals are filled up with people working from home, who can work from where they want to. The number of Tesla's on the road goes up significantly during this time, along with various other EV's.

Tom, if I'm not mistaken, it's a common 50a four wire receptacle. For Tesla owners that don't have the custom Tesla hookup available, there is an adapter. Most EVs (including Tesla) can also charge (really slowly) from a 20 amp 120v circuit, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...