Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great search engine we have here

Great search engine we have here

I was thinking about what people like to drink, so I searched for Favorite drink and the first 3 that came up were for Orange Shellac and the forth was do you have a PC in your shop. To be honest I've never had much luck with the creeks search engine, so I just ask what I want to know now LOL

So hey whats your favorite drink? I'm not much of a drinker but my Dr said a drink before bedtime would help sleep and was also good for health in Gen. So I started with a shot of Brandy ( Apple) Then Blackberry, Then whiskey(yuc) then apple flavored whisky better but still, then a highball ginger ale and apple whisky, this was pretty good then I decided to try apple brandy and ginger ale highball wow that hit the spot, very tasty and refreshing and it helped me to fall asleep easier. So what all does everyone like?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Craft beer, especially wheat beers, and I have a soft spot for Southern Comfort Old Fashions. The Old Fashions are a Wisconsin thing.

That Orange Shellac might be palatable if it was made with Everclear.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    There is a trick to getting better results with the search engine on SMC.

As an example a box was made of poplar for a friend of mine to hold a bunch of files. My search term > poplar file box < didn't give any hits on my post. In fact it gave about one hit and a couple wanna bees:

Search with www..png

For some reason the programing of a search through SMC includes a > www. < before sawmillcreek.org (note the dot after www).

Removing the > www. < then hitting return gives a much better result with the post being sought at the top:

Search with www. Removed.jpg

Incase anyone cares > https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?286634 < Not only did it include the wanted post it also had about 179 hits.

There may be a programmer somewhere who could fix this, but it has come up often and so far no fix.

As far as my favorite pre bedtime drink:

The Kraken.jpg

My last bottle was finished months ago. Maybe a bottle shoud go on the next shopping list.

jtk

- it makes you say neeeeeeeek!
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 11-08-2021 at 11:38 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I was thinking about what people like to drink, so I searched for Favorite drink and the first 3 that came up were for Orange Shellac and the forth was do you have a PC in your shop. To be honest I've never had much luck with the creeks search engine, so I just ask what I want to know now LOL

So hey whats your favorite drink? I'm not much of a drinker but my Dr said a drink before bedtime would help sleep and was also good for health in Gen. So I started with a shot of Brandy ( Apple) Then Blackberry, Then whiskey(yuc) then apple flavored whisky better but still, then a highball ginger ale and apple whisky, this was pretty good then I decided to try apple brandy and ginger ale highball wow that hit the spot, very tasty and refreshing and it helped me to fall asleep easier. So what all does everyone like?
    I was searching for Orange Shellac and came up with your thread.

My favorite drink is water.

My favorite beverage is beer.

My favorite aperitif is a Bloody Mary.

My favorite cocktail is a Rye Old Fashioned.

I do enjoy the smell of Orange Shellac though - but - I'll settle for Amber Shellac.... .(what's in a name anyhow?)
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 11-09-2021 at 6:15 AM.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Try using a search engine but specify the terms and site. Using quotes can help narrow the search if there are too many results. Something like "favorite drink" <space>site:sawmillcreek.org. In this search using quotes didn't work, just using favorite drink site:sawmillcreek.org did. I'm not certain this works with all search engines, it does work with Google and Startpage.

Water, flavored Aha seltzer and ice tea (un-sweetened) for non-alcoholic beverages. Red wine or craft beer for the rare alcoholic beverage...I don't do hard liquor for the most part. If the beer isn't craft, it at least has to be something that has flavor, such as Dos Equis Ambar.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I'd say more websites have terrible search engines than those that have ones that actually work. Searching a site with Google is almost always better than the site's own search.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    So I started with a shot of Brandy ( Apple) Then Blackberry, Then whiskey(yuc) then apple flavored whisky better but still, then a highball ginger ale and apple whisky, this was pretty good then I decided to try apple brandy and ginger ale highball wow that hit the spot, very tasty and refreshing and it helped me to fall asleep easier. So what all does everyone like?
    So after all those drinks, it's a wonder you could even stand up!!!! uhrah!
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    So after all those drinks, it's a wonder you could even stand up!!!! uhrah!

It was a trying night for sure(pun intended)depositphotos_62331267-stock-illustration-drunk-emoticon.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Milk, with a cookie topper.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Right now my favorite drink is 'vegetable juice cocktail'. The cheaper store versions are just fine. I buy half regular versions and half low sodium versions and mix them together. JUST low sodium is icky, but mixed, the salt is just right..

It's refreshing, good for you (sodium notwithstanding), and if I'm having 'a day', just add some cheap ass vodka

For a complete meal, I'll add some worcestershire, Tabasco, celery seed, onion powder, a few good shakes of coarse ground black pepper, topped with celery and carrot sticks, mmmm...

---sounds great, so guess where I'm headed?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Right now my favorite drink is 'vegetable juice cocktail'. The cheaper store versions are just fine. I buy half regular versions and half low sodium versions and mix them together. JUST low sodium is icky, but mixed, the salt is just right..

It's refreshing, good for you (sodium notwithstanding), and if I'm having 'a day', just add some cheap ass vodka

For a complete meal, I'll add some worcestershire, Tabasco, celery seed, onion powder, a few good shakes of coarse ground black pepper, topped with celery and carrot sticks, mmmm...

---sounds great, so guess where I'm headed?
    You might like to add some basil, oregano and garlic.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Milk, with a cookie topper.
    Milk is high on my list too Rick. Water, milk, and coffee. I've never found life to be so unbearable that I needed to "drown my sorrows" and I've experienced one of the worst.

Blog Entries
    This absolutely disgusts my wife, but I love milk with chocolate cake stirred in. She can't even watch me drink that stuff.