Thread: Canon Printer question

Canon Printer question

Anyone know how long the print heads and maintenance cartridge in the PIXMA G620 megatank printer will last , before they need to be replaced ? Also, how is the print quality of that printer ?

I've never had a Canon printer but have had several desktop-size Epsons over the years that were used for printing 8X10 display-quality photos. To answer your questions, it really depends on usage. Photo-quality prints obviously use a lot more colored ink than word docs. In my experience, you will need to actually use it to find the answer to that question. The printer's app can tell you the percentages of ink remaining in each cartridge. Regarding quality, that will also depend on usage. Pretty much any of the modern printers are capable of printing at 300dpi, which is "photo quality". But again, many variables such as paper, native file quality, etc. Not sure if this answers your questions but should apply to any modern printer.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I don't have a megatank Canon, but my Pixma xxxx has been a great printer. I like it because it prints dvds for the stage shows I volunteer to do, and the ink is cheap on the net.
    With the printing I do, a megatank would last half a year instead of a month or two.