Thread: G1033x planer infeed/outfeed

G1033x planer infeed/outfeed

Hi everyone,
    I just bought a Grizzly G1033X planer, but suddenly realized that since the bed moves with each pass, how do I set up any external infeed/outfeed rollers? Seems like way too much work to be adjusting their height after each pass. On my old Dewalt, it was easy since the bed was stationary.

Tom, I'm not familiar with that particular machine but if the manufacturer doesn't offer some type of dedicated (bolt-on) extension table, the next answer would be an aftermarket hydraulic lifting table. That's a common thing. You could search this forum for threads and posts about them. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Tom,

I'm not familiar with that model, but my G1032 had bolt on tables. They were fussy to adjust and made the planer (which I had on a mobile base) take up much more real estate. Most of the time I just ran it without the tables and went to the outfeed side to catch each piece. It wasn't hard, but of course, slowed the process. Since I'm strictly a hobbyist, that didn't matter to me.

Blog Entries
    You generally don't set up dedicated auxiliary tables with a stationary planer.

Other than the delta with movable head and some of the clones a moving table is standard on a stationary machine.

I just hold the board until the outfeed roller has gripped it and then move to the back of the planer to hold the board. If I'm doing multiple boards I just have them stacked near the infeed table and then create a stack when they come out that is close enough to feed them in a second time after adjusting the planer. Unlike your DeWalt the 1033X clamps the board with a lot more force so along with the larger infeed and outfeed tables I think you'll find you don't need additional tables.

Hi Tom, I own the G1033X. Its a good planner. I purchased the bolt on tables for it. I have had no need for external rollers, even with 8’x4’x6’ stock. Did you purchase the extension tables?

Blog Entries
    It looks like the tables come with it but, Tom hasn't been back it seems(?).
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

You can build your own in feed and outfeed tables and attach them to the stock bolt holes on the bed so that the tables move with the bed when you adjust it up or down.

Or you could just buy the tables from Grizzly. I would guess them to be around $200 with a $100 shipping. They should bolt right up.

I have been looking for a set of infeed and outfeed tables for my 15” Bridgewood BW15P which I believe is a direct clone of the older Grizzly G1021. If I don’t find a used set of tables meant for either my model or the g1021 then I will have to buy a new pair from Grizzly.