Thread: WEN 931 planer

WEN 931 planer

I have a WEN mod 931 electric planer that needs blades. A discontinued model.
    I've searched everywhere for 2 3/8" blades. Nada.
    Anyone know where to get a set, or 2?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I'm sure if this was an option you would have already went this route but what about these for the current model?

homedepot.com/p/WEN-2-3-8-in-H-Speed-Steel-Replacement-Planer-Blades-12-Pack-6528B-12/317700514

Not 2 3/8". I have a picture. Have to email it to myself to post it. It's an electric hand planer. 2 blades. Like this one.
    https://www.usedvictoria.com/power-tools/35146361

Try these guys. The paragraph above the blade says they might be able to match something. https://mywoodcutters.com/Replacemen...Knives_for_WEN

Why not sharpen your existing blades?

OP didn't indicate, but you can only sharpen planer blades so many times before they get too narrow to reach the set screws. On my Jet 15, I can get 2 if I send them off, maybe 4 if I do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Colson View Post
    OP didn't indicate, but you can only sharpen planer blades so many times before they get too narrow to reach the set screws. On my Jet 15, I can get 2 if I send them off, maybe 4 if I do it myself.
    OP is talking about a power hand plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Try these guys. The paragraph above the blade says they might be able to match something. https://mywoodcutters.com/Replacemen...Knives_for_WEN
    Nope. Nothing like them. Here's a picture.

931planer.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Nope. Nothing like them. Here's a picture.

931planer.jpg
    You aren't the only one looking for them. If you Google trying to find ________ you'll see several forums where others ask the same question. I think you are out of luck unless you know of a machine shop with laser or water jet equipment that can cut them out of knife stock.

I did notice others are looking for them. That's when I came here. I'll just toss the thing if they aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I did notice others are looking for them. That's when I came here. I'll just toss the thing if they aren't available.
    I take tools like that to a Habitat for Humanity Restore. Who knows, maybe someone has blades but the motor has failed.