Thread: North Bennett St School Tool Chest

North Bennett St School Tool Chest

Hi all,

I don't usually build from plans, but can endorse the Tommy Mac tool chest, which is his take on the NBSS chest. I built mine from local air dried walnut and birch that came out of my yard. I did as a hand tool 'challenge project', with about 90% of the effort neander. One challenge was just finishing it--took two shops and more than three years! You can see the build saga here:

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ol-Chest-Build

Many thanks to all at SMC for the inspiration, instruction and entertainment. Hope to see your project soon.

Best,
    Chris

IMG_1237.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1242.jpg
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Quite the showpiece Chris! Intricate joinery with the milk chocolate tones of air dried walnut...with a tool chest like that you would never get me out of the workshop! Obviously good things take time.

That's some really, really nice work there Chris. A fitting use for some AD walnut harvested locally. Somehow, I can't imagine leaving it my shop to store tools in though.

John

Mark and John,

Thanks for kind words-high praise given the quality of work you each produce. I appreciate it.

I originally planned for the chest to live under my bench, but as the living room is now my home office, it will be in the house.

IMG_1251.jpg

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra