Thread: Trouble aligning DWE7491

Trouble aligning DWE7491

Hi folks-

(this was also posted on r/woodworking, if this seems familiar)

I have a DeWalt 7491 table saw and having difficulty aligning the blade. I’ve found the four hex screws underneath to adjust but I find that it will either align far to the left of the throat plate (to the point that startup torque will make the blade hit and spark. 45° is out of the question). I can move it closer to the center but it won’t be parallel to the miter slots. It almost feels like the adjustment slots weren’t made long enough. All adjustments were tried with both the tilt lock on and off. Any ideas? I’m half inclined to just align it as best I can and make a custom throat plate and be done with it, but wanted to check to see if there are any other ideas.

https://imgur.com/a/gBd52AR

Thank you
    Last edited by Chris Tolbert; 10-02-2021 at 11:19 PM.

What kind of tool? I assume a saw not a jointer, planer or shaper.
    Bill D

Sorry, I forgot to add that it’s a table saw. Edited post and added link to pictures. Thank you!

Not clear to me is this adjusting it to cut at 90 degrees to the table. Or is it to get it parallel to the mire slot and zci slot while it at 90 degrees. On my old contractors saw I had to file off a fraction on a adjusting bolt so it would go all the way to 90 degrees to the table top before it hit the bolt head.
    You might take out each bolt in turn and clean any sawdust out off the slot. Probably easier to grind the neck of the bolts then remove the entire top and file the slots out.
    Bill D