Thread: Powermatic 2820EVS drill press price increase

Powermatic 2820EVS drill press price increase

Yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on a the 2820EVS even though no one has them in stock. I was originally going to wait until closer to the holidays and see if there were going to be any sales, but after reading all the stories about supply chain interruptions I decided not to wait any longer. The vendor I purchased from notified me that they wouldn't have it until October 20th, but I would be added to the list and get one as soon they have them. $2199 and free shipping already billed to my card. This morning I got the sale flyer from Woodcraft and it shows the same drill press has gone up to $2709.99! Still not available until late October, but they also have a 100th anniversary version for $2699.99 ($10 less for some reason) available now according to the website. I just checked the vendor I purchased from and they posted the same price increase this morning.

Of course I still don't have it, but assuming the vendor honors the deal I just "saved" $500.

I have a feeling that we're going to see some pretty hefty price increases in the coming months for everything.

Supply chain being as disrupted as it is (mostly lack of employees, or so its reported) and further people losing jobs due to covid vaccine mandates I don't see how it will get better. I have the pm2800 got it on sale 4 years ago for 1200 I think, this version is expensive. The quality of the PM drill is very good.

Congrats on the purchase and on the savings. You're going to love it.