Thread: Any Veterinarians on Sawmill Creek ? Rabies Vaccination Certificate question

Any Veterinarians on Sawmill Creek ? Rabies Vaccination Certificate question

Got some questions about the 3 year Rabies Vaccine and the Rabies Vaccination Certificate that you get with it.

Thanks,

Clarence

You might search around State web sites. Pennsylvania's Department of Agriculture is the regulating body for instance.

Possibly the same question I have every three years: why can't they make a rabies vaccination good for 37-38 months instead of 36?

The local animal control agency refuses to issue a new 12-month license if the rabies certificate expires a week before the end of the new license period. They used to issue a "short" license in the third year that expired the same day as the rabies certificate, but apparently their current software/process/whatever can't do that.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Depends on the country and local jurisdiction, if any.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    Got some questions about the 3 year Rabies Vaccine and the Rabies Vaccination Certificate that you get with it.

Thanks,

Clarence
    My wife is a vet; I'll be glad to pass your question on and post her response.

Blog Entries
    Clarence, This will be different from state to state and maybe even in smaller jurisdictions.

You could get 49 accurate responses that are not the law in your state, city or county.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    My wife is a vet; I'll be glad to pass your question on and post her response.
    You figured out what OP's actual question is?!?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

OP needs to update his sign in information to include his location. We have no idea what country he lives in. I know New Zealand is very touchy about rabies because they do not have it and want to keep it that way. I have no idea if dogs get vaccinated for it in NZ or not.
    For some reason, myself included, we are all assuming he is talking about dogs?
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 10-07-2021 at 5:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    LOL!

I figured that he'd respond with his questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Long story , but I got my Lab vaccinated at one of the County free Rabies clinics that they set up each year. Well, as fate would have it. I LOST THE RABIES VACCINE CERTIFICATE!! So, I called the County Health Department up , to see about getting a duplicate Rabies vaccination certificate . Now this is where it gets worse!! The County could NOT FIND THEIR COPY !! of the Rabies vaccination Certificate! So, I searched for 2 DAYS !! around the house, trying to find that little piece of paper!! Finally found it , when I looked in the Truck, and it must have fallen out of my shirt pocket , when I leaned over to close the Truck door. Slipped just under the seat !! Called the County back to let them know I found it. They never found their copy. I had to send them a copy of mine , for their records .