Thread: Powermatic 31a tips/belts etc

Powermatic 31a tips/belts etc

Hi folks,
    I am amazed at what a real sander can do. I have been using the small ridgid sander for 8 yrs but what a contrast. This is a beast. Makes quick work of any jobs I throw at it and I dont have to work hard. Very pleased with the form/function of this thing.

I do need recommendation for where to find the sanding belts and discs that are good quiality.
    Any other tips from users of this machine will be appreciated.

I've had good luck with sanding products of all types, especially hard to find stuff at supergrit.com.
    Careful not to go too cheap - he seems to have kind of a clearing-house approach, but quality brands are there. I have an oversized edge sander that takes 9x138.75" belts. Hard to find most places - supergrit always has some, and though brand varies with each order, they're always very good quality and best pricing.

Congrats on the upgrade!
    jeff

Thanks will check it out.

I have a different sander, similar but smaller. Very handy but it would help if it could be run in reverse. That would be good for the disc but may be problematic for the belt.

I would like to get better discs that don't load up and glaze over so fast. Hook and loop would help also.

picked up a few discs and belts at supergrit.
    Will report back here on quality/experience.