Thread: Bridgewood 12” jointer

Bridgewood 12” jointer

A bridgewood 12” jointer is available near me, I don’t know the age or model yet. The seller is asking $2,000, is that a fair price?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the tables are flat, I'd go for it. Bridgewood did a pretty good job on their imports and most if not all were Taiwan rather than China. Looks like a good enough price i wouldn't give others much time to poach. Dave

I am on my phone and can’t see the image. Is it the parallelogram bed design or the dovetail way? I remember they made both. Is it single phase?

I haven’t used a Bridgewood jointer, but the general consensus is in line with Dave’s post. Pretty solid imports. I paid $2,000 5 years ago for the Taiwan made 12” Grizzly. I forget the model number, but it’s the step up from the 609. Anyway, good machine and I sold it for $2,500 or more after a few years of use. If the bridgewood is single phase and in good shape, I’d move on it for $2,000. Not a steal, but a fair price during unusual times for machinery.

I'll agree with the above. And I want to know about that motor in the second photo...
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

I would move quick. That machine looks pristine. That is a fair price, any cheaper you wood be stealing it.

Single phase 220, the ad doesn’t list the HP.

Im guessing its 3hp.

Also, for anyone with a Bridgewood machine, it looks like IRS Auctions is liquidating their motor inventory.

Blog Entries
    Id bet money it's this exact machine.

https://www.irsauctions.com/popups/p...09797&id=23156

Great machine. I think BW put Baldor or similar US motors in all of their machines.

I owned a Bridgewood 12" jointer for a few years. Solid, well built machine and gave me no issues.

What happened to the OP on this one ? Curious if the machine came home to live at your shop ?