Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My English isn't so good

Yes on complicated. I'm a Williams and I've made and/or engraved many a personalized family gift. But not once ever I have never put "The Williamses" on anything. Don't care if it's correct grammar or not, it just plain looks stupid to me. As for 'possessive', using Chris's <(is that right?) example above, then if I engraved such a tray with "The Williams's Wooden Tray', that would be correct, yes? So then, why would it be incorrect to just shorten it to "The Williams's", since the tray will in fact belong to/be a possession of, the Williams's...?

I'm not good at English either
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I believe it should be "the Williams' wooden tray".

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Yes on complicated. I'm a Williams and I've made and/or engraved many a personalized family gift. But not once ever I have never put "The Williamses" on anything. Don't care if it's correct grammar or not, it just plain looks stupid to me. As for 'possessive', using Chris's <(is that right?) example above, then if I engraved such a tray with "The Williams's Wooden Tray', that would be correct, yes? So then, why would it be incorrect to just shorten it to "The Williams's", since the tray will in fact belong to/be a possession of, the Williams's...?

I'm not good at English either
    That's my perspective.